Part Time - Travel Required
Our motto is "Work like an athlete".
Worklete was founded in order to end musculoskeletal injuries in the workplace and drive down corresponding workers’ compensation (WC) costs. WC claims are causing US businesses to incur over $87B in direct costs annually, with additional indirect injury costs adding as much as 3X. Worklete features a B2B SaaS learning management system built to teach and reinforce fundamental human movement and mechanics. Our unique software platform brings best-in-class techniques from physical therapy, sports medicine, and athletics to the loading dock, stock shelves and factory floor. Our customers see workplace injuries fall by 30-100% generating millions in annualized savings.
We not only impact a company's bottom line, but help hard-working folks in physically demanding jobs stay healthy, so they can enjoy their lives outside of work.
We are a small team with huge aspirations, building a fast-growing company that is changing the way we approach safety.
We are a 500 Startups alumni and venture funded company.
The Worklete training staff is a highly experienced group that comes from a diverse range of athletic backgrounds, yet all are like-minded in their dedication to the craft of coaching and to the message we share in our seminars. Most team members have 5-10 years of formal experience, are highly respected in their own field of coaching. At Worklete, we recognize there is no single best way to teach anything, and we value the input all our coaches have in our seminar process and how we present our information. We also hold ourselves to a very high standard, and are always striving to improve upon what we teach.
This is a part-time, contract role to start, with the potential to expand in the future. As a member of the Worklete staff, you will be an integral part of our train-the-trainer “Champion Certification” seminar, which is the backbone of our program. As a part of our training staff, you, along with another Worklete coach, will travel to client sites and implement our full day training to a variety of different clients, in a variety of different industries, such as intermodal trucking, warehousing and logistics, beverage distribution, and utilities.
During this training, you will be responsible for teaching a group of ten to twenty company associates:
- the fundamentals of human movement,
- how to apply these basics to their specific job tasks
- the necessary coaching skills needed to be able to lead employees through Worklete in-person trainings
Being able to relate to and communicate clearly and professionally with anyone, from the upper ranks of corporate management all the way down to front line employees, is crucial. Included in the day are several shorter, separate classroom sessions where you may be responsible for delivering a Powerpoint presentation or leading the group in instruction. Being punctual and keeping the group engaged and on task will be a major part in helping these seminars to run smoothly and on schedule.
The vast majority Champion Trainings will occur between Monday and Friday, and travel may last up to an entire week, for upwards of two weeks a month, at times. The flexibility to travel upwards of one to two weeks a month is preferred, but not required.
- Draw satisfaction from helping people.
- Enjoy public speaking and presenting.
- Are excited by the prospect of travelling the country (possibly the world!).
- Are comfortable taking charge when needed, but can also take direction from others.
- Are hungry to expand your knowledge base and work experience, and are excited by the prospect of working outside of a gym setting.
- Thrive in a small team environment.
- Can maintain a high level of professionalism, while being relatable to all members of the group.
- Can engage and relate to clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Can keep large groups engaged and on-task.
- Thrive in a small team environment.
- 2+ years formal coaching experience in a strength & conditioning, CrossFit, or personal training facility.
- Has a strong grasp of human movement mechanics.
- Group coaching and public speaking experience.
- Experience leading seminars is a plus.
- Experience giving presentations in Powerpoint / Keynote etc. is a plus