Growth Marketing Lead
San Francisco, CA
Our motto is "Work like an athlete".
Worklete was founded to end musculoskeletal injuries in the workplace and drive down the corresponding workers’ compensation (WC) costs. WC claims are causing US businesses to incur over $87B in direct costs annually, with additional indirect injury costs adding as much as 3X. Worklete features a B2B SaaS learning management system built to teach and reinforce fundamental human movement and mechanics. Our unique software platform brings best in class techniques from physical therapy, sports medicine, and athletics to the loading dock, stock shelves and factory floor. Our customers see workplace injuries fall by 30-100% generating millions in annualized savings.
We not only impact a company's bottom line, but help hard working folks in physical demanding jobs stay healthy, so they can enjoy their lives outside of work.
We are a small team with huge aspirations, building a fast growing company that is changing how folks approach safety.
We are a 500 Startups alumni and venture funded company.
You are entrepreneurial in nature and love the idea of growing a business. You are excited to work on a small team and wear a variety of hats to solve problems as needed. You like the idea of being one of the first employees at a game-changing startup. You're hungry, intelligent, and looking for a place where your exceptional ambition and drive will let you grow and shine.
As the Growth Marketing Lead, you will own both the brand and direct marketing needs of the company to build our sales pipeline in support of our financial goals. You should possess the following experience and skills:
- 3-5+ years of prior demand generation or similar B2B software marketing experience.
- Experience with the testing of, evaluating, and scaling new marketing programs.
- Experience in start-up environment where candidate was among first marketing hires.
- Recent experience being hands-on in leveraging digital marketing and CRM tools (Google Analytics, social media, paid search platforms, website optimization, SEO) and producing content.
- Experience with metrics-driven approach to measuring customer acquisition.
- Previous responsibility analyzing results from marketing and sales activities, generating hypotheses and executing tests to affect positive change, as well as reporting on the effectiveness, and business impact.
- Nice to have: prior experience leveraging directly or indirectly communication resources such as journalists, PR agencies and industry analysts.
- At least 1 year at a start-up of fewer than 25 people a plus.
- Thrives in a small team environment.
- Relentless work ethic; excited to raise a company from start-up to maturity.
- Strong attention to details; does his/her homework at every opportunity to reach informed decisions.
- Strong critical thinking skills; identifies gaps in performance, develops well considered theories and enjoys methodically testing to earn answers.
- Supremely action oriented; decisive in the face of ambiguous data/results .
- Comfortable with conflict and uses data/facts to support arguments; highly metric driven.
- Physically active and enjoy athletics a plus.
You are the first marketing hire in an early stage company that grew to over $1M ARR in less than 12 months. We’ve successfully raised funding, won some of the best customers in our target market and intend to arm the winning candidate with considerable resources to educate the market and grow pipeline. You will also be working closely with the founding team to execute the vision of reducing injuries for hard working folks while saving millions in Workers’ Compensation for our clients.
- Determine positioning for a young start-up and crafting a consistent voice and look.
- Leverage internal and/or external design resources to build sales support materials including but not limited to white papers, one-pagers, corporate decks, etc.
- Push inbound marketing through developing the company website for quality SEO performance, site optimization, analytics infrastructure, etc.
- Develop and distribute high quality B2B content identifying target audiences and best techniques for building awareness – webinars, e-books, blogs, interviews, social media postings, etc.
- Build and nurture the company’s contact database constructing an inside sales and lifecycle marketing program to build awareness and mature leads into sales opportunities.
- Identify and test various lead generation and database growth techniques including but not limited to paid social, SEM, inside sales and SDRs, affiliate programs, and more.
- In concert with executive team determine sales and marketing KPIs and a method for regular/reliable reporting.